Prep Time: 5†minutes
Cook Time: 10†minutes
Total Time: 15†minutes
- 1 pint real vanilla ice cream (use a brand that includes vanilla seed specks for best flavor or make your own)
- 1/4 cup real butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon butterscotch extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 quart apple cider
- Apple slices for garnish, optional
When ready to serve, gently heat apple cider in a saucepan until steaming hot.
Place 1 scoop of ice cream in a thick soda glass or large mug. Top with steaming apple cider. Garnish with apple slices, if desired.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Butterbeer Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.