Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- 1 cup evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange liquid from canned oranges (add water to make 1/2 cup if you need to)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2-1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup canned Mandarin orange sections, reserve liquid (see above)
In a large bowl, mix evaporated milk, orange liquid, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs until combined. Stir in rice and raisins.
Pour into greased crockpot. Cook on Low setting ro 4 to 6 hours or High setting for 2 to 3 hours. Stir once during the first 30 minutes of cooking time. Fold in the mandarin oranges during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings