Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (or substitute 2/3 cup regular chocolate chips)
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt until combined. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, pumpkin puree, all of the eggs, and oil on medium speed until combined. Reduce mixer to low, add dry ingredients, and beat until well-mixed. Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
Pour evenly into prepared pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until it tests done in the center with a wooden pick. Cool cocoa pumpkin brownies to room temperature before cutting to serve.
Yield: about 15 servings
Cocoa Pumpkin Brownies Recipe Photo © 2013 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Suggested Related Recipes Amaretto Brownies Recipe
Chambord Raspberry Brownies Recipe
Cheesecake Swirl Brownies Recipe
Guinness Stout Brownies Recipe
Marshmallow Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars Recipe
Oatmeal Cookie Brownies Recipe
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies Recipe
Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
Polka Dot Zebra Brownie Bars Recipe
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Bars Recipe