Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 36 to 48 servings
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups instant rolled oats
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar (divided use)
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 16 Tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces (1 large block) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons)
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
Combine flour, rolled oats, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and butter with a pastry blender, mixing until crumbly. Remove 1-1/2 cups of mixture and set aside for later use. Press remaining mixture into bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice, whipping until completely combined. Pour evenly over warm bottom layer crust.
Scoop whole berry cranberry sauce into a bowl, stirring gently with a fork to break up the jelly. Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar and cornstarch. Mix until combined. Drop cranberry mixture by spoonsful over the cream cheese layer. Gently smooth with the back of a spoon to cover. Sprinkle top with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake 45 minutes, until top is golden brown. Cool bar cookies completely before cutting. Refrigerate before serving.
Yield: about 36 bars, depending on how you cut them
Cranberry Cheesecake Bars Recipe Photo © 2010 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.