Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 (22-1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup peanut butter flavored chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup finely crushed salted plain thin potato chip crumbs
In medium bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, and water; mix well (mixture will be stiff). Pour into foil-lined pan.
Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven. Sprinkle peanut butter chips evenly over brownie crust. Pour condensed milk evenly over chips.
Return to oven; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Cool thoroughly.
Melt chocolate chips and butter, mixing together well. Fold in crushed potato chips. Spread evenly over cooled bars. Chill 15 to 20 minutes. Peel down foil and cut into bars. Cut these smaller than you normally would, because they are extremely rich, much like a candy bar.
Yield: 36 bar cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp Bars Photo © 2007 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.