Prep Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Yield: 48 servings
- 1 cup of peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 8 Tablespoons) of butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup club cracker crumbs
- 2 cups of confectioners' sugar
- 8 dozen small pretzel twists or square butter snaps pretzels (about 4 cups, approximately 5 ounces)
- 10 ounces special dark chocolate (2 5-ounce bars)
- 1 ounce paraffin, shaved
Using your hands, roll mixture into small balls about the diameter of a dime and place each on a pretzel. Press down gently to cover the pretzel and place on a jelly roll pan. Repeat until all of peanut butter mixture is used. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to firm up.
Melt chocolate and paraffin in the top of a double-boiler until smooth. Remove from heat. Swirl the tops of each of the pretzel candies in the melted chocolate, shaking gently to remove excess and return to the jelly roll pan with pretzel-side down. Refrigerate again to set chocolate.
Store leftovers between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate.
Yield: about 48 candies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Combos Candy Recipe Photo © 2005 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Suggested Related Recipes Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate Graham Toffee Bark Recipe
Smores Cups Recipe
Smashed Bugs Candy Recipe
Chocolate Caramel Candy Bars Recipe
Chocolate-Covered Cherry Mice Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cups Recipe
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Balls Recipe
Chambord Brownie Bites Recipe
Zebra Marshmallow Cups Recipe