Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups (about) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 12 ounces (2 giant 6-ounce bars) special dark semisweet chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal, crushed (1/2 cup after crushing)
In a double boiler, melt butter and peanut butter together, stirring until smooth. Add chocolate, stirring to avoid scorching, until combined. Remove from heat. Fold in crushed rice cereal.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture over the marshmallows in each cup. When trays are full, tap gently on the counter to force chocolate down and around the marshmallows.
Chill at least 2 hours to set. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 5 dozen candies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cups Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.