Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter (4 Tbsp or 1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bar
- 1/8 cup butter (2 Tbsp or 1/4 stick)
- 1 ounce paraffin wax, chopped
In a double boiler, melt 4 ounces chocolate bar, peanut butter, and 1/4 cup butter, mixing until smooth. Gently mix in graham cracker crumbs.
Place about 1 teaspoon chocolate graham cracker mixture in bottom of paper cups. Chill 15 to 30 minutes to harden.
Place 3/4 cup peanut butter in a bowl over hot water to soften. Mix in powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Place 1 teaspoon peanut butter mixture on top of hardened chocolate cracker layer. Chill 15 to 30 minutes.
Melt 6 ounces chocolate bar with butter and paraffin wax. Top the peanut butter layer with about 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture. Chill to harden. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 3 dozen peanut butter cups
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe Photo Â© 2007 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.