Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 (8 ounces) block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature, divided use
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups miniature chocolate chips, divided use
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional ice cream or whipped cream for topping
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, 1 of the eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth. Fold in 1/4 cup of the miniature chocolate chips. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, the 2 remaining eggs, oil, and water. Fold in 1/2 cup of miniature chocolate chips. Pour chocolate cake batter into prepared pan.
Drop spoonsful of cream cheese mixture evenly over cake batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture throughout the chocolate cake batter, then top with remaining 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool chocolate cream swirl cake to room temperature on rack before cutting.
Yield: about 36 servings, depending on cut size