Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces gingersnap crumbs, about 2 1/4 cups (about 40 cookies)
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2/3 cup sugar; more for the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup minced candied (crystallized) ginger
- 1 pound mascarpone
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
With an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract, and candied ginger until smooth. Add the mascarpone cheese and cream and whip until the mixture is thorough combined and just holds peaks. Carefully spoon half of the mascarpone cream over the crust, spreading it evenly to the edges of the pan.
Sprinkle half of the remaining crumbs over the mascarpone cream in the pan. Top with remaining mascarpone cream and finish with the remaining crumbs. Gently tap the pan on the counter to eliminate any air bubbles. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Recipe from: Cooking New American How to Cook the Food You Love to Eat, 200 Recipes From the Editors of Fine Cooking. Recipe by Heather Ho (Taunton Press)
Copyright 2004 by The Taunton Press, Inc. Reprinted with express written permission.