Prep Time: 5†minutes
Cook Time: 15†minutes
Total Time: 20†minutes
- 1 package (12 ounces) cranberries, picked over and washed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pour cranberries into a food processor and pulse until finely-chopped but not quite a puree. Measure 1-1/4 cups of the cranberries into a bowl and stir in cinnamon. Set aside.
Gently warm heavy whipping cream. Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Stir in the cranberries. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Stir in vanilla.
Place cranberry ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.
Yield: 1 quart ice cream