Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup dark seedless raisins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup light (mild) molasses
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Powdered confectioner's sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan or line with foil.
In large bowl whisk flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine eggs, molasses, butter, vanilla, and cream cheese on medium speed. Small bits of cream cheese may remain.
Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients by hand, stirring only until blended. Fold in raisins with the Grand Marnier. Batter will be thick. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Bake until golden around edges, 30 to 35 minutes, until tests done with a toothpick. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. When completely cool, cut into 24 bars and dust generously with powdered sugar.
Yield: 24 bars
Grand Marnier Raisin Gingerbread Bars Recipe Photo © 2010 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.