Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2-1/2 cups
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) fresh cranberries, picked over (may use frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons diced green chile peppers (jalapeno, serrano, or your favorite - may use canned)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
Add cranberries, chiles, and allspice to sugar mixture. Return to a slow boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Dijon mustard.
Let cool completely, then refrigerate.
Use Cranberry Jezebel Sauce as a condiment for pork and poultry or spread over room temperature cream cheese as an appetizer.
Yield: about 2-1/2 cups
Photo © 2014 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Suggested Related Recipes Grand Marnier Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Maple Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Cranberries Amaretto Recipe
Cranberry Chutney Recipe
Cranberry Herb Sauce Recipe
Cranberry Ketchup Recipe
Cranberry Orange Marmalade Recipe
Wild Cranberry Sauce Recipe