Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup fish stock, preferably homemade
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 ripe medium-size tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1-3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon snipped fresh chives
Serve with Rosy Seafood Sausages.
Yield: About 2 cups
Recipe Source: Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook by Julee Rosso & Sheila Lukins (Workman Publishing)
Reprinted with permission.