Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 2-1/2 cups
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and julienned
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and julienned
- 1/2 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and julienned
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
This sweet summery salsa can accompany anything from toasted pita triangles to a cut of grilled fish, shrimp, or chicken.
Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Source: Nicole Routhier's Fruit Cookbook by Nicole Routhier (Workman Publishing)
Reprinted with permission.