Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 rock Cornish hens, fresh or frozen, (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
Combine teriyaki sauce, lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Pour over halves in large plastic bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat halves. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
Reserving marinade, place hens on rack of broiler pan. Broil about 7 inches from heat 45 to 50 minutes, or until tender; turn over frequently and brush with reserved marinade. Remove to serving platter; immediately sprinkle with cilantro.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Recipe Source: Kikkoman International Inc.
Reprinted with permission.