Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 pounds chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 1 cup peeled and diced mangoes
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Then, add the chicken fillets. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the mango with the sugar, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. Pour the mixture over the cooked fillets and gently mix to cover the chicken pieces. Add soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for about 10 more minutes.
Serve hot with a fresh green vegetable and a side dish of rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe Source: Tropic Cooking by Joyce LaFray Young (Ten Speed Press)
Reprinted with permission.