Prep Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 45 minutes
- 2 pounds precut chicken wings, or whole wings cut into 2 pieces at joint, tips discarded
- 1/2 cup gold tequila or mescal
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
In a small bowl, combine the tequila, orange juice concentrate, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, black pepper, salt, and cilantro. Pour the marinade over the wings in the bag. Seal the bag and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire or pre-heat a gas grill to medium-high.
Drain the wings, discarding the marinade.
Grill the wings, turning often, until they are slightly charred and cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: 52 Ways to Wing It by Charles Reavis (Macmillan Publishing)
Reprinted with permission.