Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole tarragon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
Combine remaining 1/2 cup juice and cornstarch, stirring until smooth; add to pan drippings. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Arrange orange and avocado slices around chicken; pour orange sauce over top before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe Source: The Southern Living Cookbook (Oxmoor House)
Reprinted with permission.