Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 (3-ounce) package chicken flavor ramen soup mix
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced hearts of palm
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can cooked chunk chicken, drained
- 1/4 cup frozen baby sweet peas or mixed vegetables (you may also used canned)
- Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
While cooking the noodles, saute the onion and hearts of palm in a large frying pan until onion is soft. Add drained chicken chunks and heat until warmed through, taking care not to shred the chicken chunks. Stir in the contents of the ramen soup flavoring packet, and combine until mixed. Add the cooked, drained ramen noodles and peas. Toss until coated. Turn onto plates and top with grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Yield: 2 servings
Note: Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Feel free to substitute different flavors of ramen soup mix and corresponding seafood (tuna and shrimp are good) or cooked meat.
Stir-Fried Ramen Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.