Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 can (6-1/4 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate mixed with 3 ounces water (half of the emptied orange juice can)
- 1 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Chopped parsley for garnish, optional
Whisk together flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, sage, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of chicken breasts.
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and butter, swirling to combine and coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken breasts on both sides until golden, turning only once. (Do this in 2 batches if need be.) Transfer to prepared baking pan.
Add orange juice mixture, amaretto liqueur, and Dijon mustard to the skillet drippings. Stir, scraping up any browned bits into the sauce, and boil until reduced by half and thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour orange amaretto sauce over chicken breasts. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve chicken breasts drizzled with pan sauce, and garnish with parsley.
Yield: 6 servings