Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 green onions (scallions), thin-sliced, tops included
- 1 Tablespoon capers, drained
Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Brown chicken breasts on both sides, turning only once. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
Add white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits. Cook for 1 minute, then add chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and return chicken breasts to the pan. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, then add green onions and capers. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Serve chicken breasts with pan gravy.
Yield: 2 servings
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Recipe Photo © 2006 Peggy Trowbridge, licensed to About.com, Inc.