Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 leek
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch dice
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth (1 can or homemade)
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup black olive wedges
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Cut leek in half lengthwise and rinse thoroughly in a sink full of water, making sure to remove all dirt. Drain and cut leek into strips about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide, including 2 inches of the green part and the center tender leaves.
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Gently saute the bacon and leeks, stirring often, until leeks begin to brown and carmelize. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes. Carefully pour in wine. Stir and cook 2 minutes, then add chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Add chicken, thyme, sage, salt, pepper, and cream. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add tomatoes, black olives, and Parmesan cheese and cook only until heated through.
Serve over cooked spaghetti squash and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Yield: 4 servings
Spaghetti Squash with Mediterranean Chicken Sauce Recipe Photo © 2011 Lindsey Carrasco, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Suggested Related Recipes Spaghetti Squash With Mediterranean Sauce Video
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Mozzarella Recipe
Turkey Tetrazzini with Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Squash Risotto Recipe
Beef Stuffed Squash Recipe
Asparagus Acorn Squash Rings Recipe