Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Water, for soaking skewers
- 1 dozen 10-inch bamboo skewers
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons English or Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
Meanwhile, in a nonreactive bowl, mix together garlic, honey, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper. Toss in chicken and stir until well combined. Cover and marinate 20 or 30 minutes, or overnight.
Prepare outdoor grill or preheat broiler to high. Thread marinated chicken onto skewers. Cook over the hot coals of an outdoor grill 5 to 6 minutes. Or, arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil 6 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally until well browned and cooked through.
Yield: 4 servings
Per piece: 191 calories, 15 percent from fat, 3 grams total fat, 71 mg cholesterol, .85 g saturated fat, 26 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates, .08 g total fiber, 315 mg sodium.
Recipe Source: Ainsley Harriott's Low-Fat Meals in Minutes by Ainsley Harriott (Dorling Kindersley Publishing)
Reprinted with permission.