Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 24 maraschino cherries, chopped
- 2/3 cup peanut butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 bar (1-ounce) paraffin wax
In the top of a double boiler over hot water, melt chocolate chips and paraffin wax. Insert a toothpick into each ball and dip into chocolate mixture to coat exterior. Place onto wax paper to set. Use another toothpick to push ball from inserted toothpick. If a hole remains where toothpick was inserted, add a small amount of chocolate coating to cover.
Yield: 3 dozen
Recipe Source: What's Cooking America by Linda Stradley & Andra Cook (Chehalem Publishing)
Reprinted with permission.