Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup cold, plain potatoes, mashed (do not use leftover mashed potatoes made with milk or butter)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dark candy coating
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Line a 9-inch square pan with foil; butter the foil. Spread coconut mixture into pan. Cover and chill overnight.
Cut into 2 x 1-inch rectangles. Cover and freeze.
In a microwave or double boiler, melt candy coating and chocolate chips. Dip bars in melted coating and chocolate chips; place on waxed paper to harden. Store candy in an airtight container.
Yield: 2 pounds
Recipe Source: Taste of Home Cookbook (Readers Digest)
Reprinted with permission.