Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill for 20 minutes. Flatten with a glass to 1/4-inch thickness. Chill for 30 minutes.
In a double-boiler or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip patties and place on waxed paper to harden.
Yield: about 5 dozen small patties
Recipe Source: The Taste of Home Cookbook (Readers Digest)
Reprinted with permission.