Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Steeping Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 16 Tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla extract, orange marmalade, and sour cream, beating on low speed until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, 1/3 at a time, mixing until blended. Batter will be thick. Fold in cranberries.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour, until center tests done with a toothpick. Cool Cranberry Orange Pound Cake to room temperature before cutting to serve.
Yield: 1 pound cake
Cranberry Orange Pound Cake Recipe Photo © 2011 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.