Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons (3 ounces or 3/4 of a stick) butter, melted but cool
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest (grated with a microplane)
- 3-3/4 cups (30 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier® orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in hot water to plump, drained and patted dry
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped orange rind
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped lemon rind
Preheat oven to 325 F.
Cheesecake: Place ricotta cheese in a colander lined with cheesecloth and drain excess water.
Transfer drained ricotta cheese to a large bowl. Add sugar, eggs, and flour. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Fold Grand Marnier®, raisins, orange rind, and lemon rind into the batter.
Pour cheesecake batter into prepared crust. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature, then refrigerate at least 12 hours.
Remove rim from the springform pan, slice cheesecake, and serve.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings