Prep Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 (7-ounce) pkg. caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided use
- 1 (9-inch) prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
- 6 ounces (3/4 of a large block) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup prepared fudge topping
Whip cream cheese, sour cream, and milk with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With mixer running, add the chocolate pudding mix in a constant stream, beating until well-combined and thick. Fold in miniature chocolate chips.
Pour the pudding mixture over the caramel layer in the pie crust and spread to smooth it. Cover loosely and chill at least 1 hour to set.
Place the fudge topping in a small ziptop bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Cut a small corner from the bottom of the bag and use as a pastry bag to drizzle chocolate over the top of the chilled pie. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/4 cup of pecans.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings