Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 24 to 36 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 16 Tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 can (20.5 ounces) more fruit apple pie filling
Stir together pecans, 2 tablespoons of sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a small bowl. Set aside.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until well-combined, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla extract.
Beat flour mixture into egg mixture one-third at a time until completely blended. Batter will be very thick. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Using a tablespoon, drop apple pie filling evenly on top of batter, arranging the apple slices to cover the top. Sprinkle pecan mixture on top of apples.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes until center tests done with a toothpick. Cool to room temperature. Lift cake out on the foil and cut for serving.
Yield: 24 to 36 servings, depending on cut size
Apple Coffee Cake Recipe Photo © 2011 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Suggested Related Recipes
Apple Cake Recipe
Apple Squares with Pecans Recipe
Fresh Apple Raisin Bars Recipe
Country French Apple Crescent Casserole Recipe
More Dessert Recipes