Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 (20 ounces) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (21 ounces) can prepared more fruit cherry pie filling
- 1 (18.25 ounces) box yellow cake mix
- 2 sticks (1 cup or 16 Tablespoons) of butter or margarine, each cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, etc., your choice)
Dump undrained pineapple baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly.
Using a spoon, dump globs of cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple.
Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.
Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix.
Sprinkle nuts on top if you're using them.
Bake for one hour. Use heavy oven mitts to remove the dump cake from oven or let your older helper do it.
To serve, scoop cake out with a large spoon like a cobbler, and dump it on a nice plate. A scoop of vanilla ice cream is delicious with dump cake. Serve warm or cold.
Yield: about 10 to 12 servings
Dump Cake Recipe Photo © 2011 Elizabeth LaBau, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Suggested Related Recipes Bread Pudding Coffee Cake Recipe
Choco Berry Nut Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
Fuzzy Navel Upside-Down Cake Recipe
Lemon Butter Chews Cookie Recipe
Papaya Raisin Muffins or Bread Recipe
Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe
Pumpkin Carrot Raisin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Bars Recipe