Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon fresh key lime juice (you may use Persian lime if necessary)
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted, but at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) French vanilla cake mix
- 2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Finely grated rind from 1 lime (about 1 teaspoon)
- White chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line mini-muffin pans with papers.
For the Bottom:
Cream 4 ounces of cream cheese, 1 egg, lime juice, and butter together on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Blend in cake mix by hand until combined. It will be very thick, but piable like a soft dough. Press 1 teaspoon mix into bottom of each mini-muffin paper.
For the Topping:
Place cream cheese, 3 eggs, powdered sugar, vanilla, and grated lime rind in a small bowl. Begin mixing on low speed until sugar is incorporated. Increase to medium speed and beat until smooth, at least 3 minutes or longer if need be. Drop about 1/2 tablespoon of mix into each muffin cup over vanilla base. Gently press 2 to 3 white chocolate chips into the filling in each muffin.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Yield: 6 to 7 dozen mini cheesecake bites