Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- For the Bottom:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted, but at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) chocolate devil's food cake mix
- For the Filling:
- 2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) extra-fruit cherry pie filling, drained
For the Bottom:
Cream 4 ounces of cream cheese, 1 egg and butter together on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Blend in cake mix by hand until combined. It will be very thick, but piable like a soft dough. Press 1 teaspoon mix into bottom of each mini-muffin paper.
For the Topping:
Place cream cheese, 3 eggs, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl. Begin mixing on low speed until sugar is incorporated. Increase to medium speed and beat until smooth, at least 3 minutes or longer if need be. Drop about 1/2 Tablespoon of mix into each muffin cup over chocolate base, filling not quite to the top of the paper. Press one drained cherry into the filling in each.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Yield: about 6 to 7 dozen mini cheesecakes
Mini Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes Recipe Photo © 2007 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.