Prep Time: 10†minutes
Cook Time: 20†minutes
Total Time: 30†minutes
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (recipe link below)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (not Dutch)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hot water or brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
In large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients and hot water or coffee. Mix until just blended. Mixture will be somewhat thick. Stir in walnuts, if using. Spread batter in prepared pan with wet spatula.
Bake 20 minutes. Cool brownies before cutting.
Calories 200; Fat 8g; Protein 2g; Carb 34g; Chol 33mg; Sodium 109mg; Fiber 2g
Yield: 12 servings
& Gluten-free Flour Blend Recipe
Recipe Source: Wheat-Free Recipes and Menus by Carol Fenster, Ph.D. (Avery)
Reprinted with permission.