Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups flour (substitute 1/2 whole wheat flour, if desired)
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups dried or frozen thawed cranberries (more tart)
Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, and egg yolks until combined. Add flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in beaten egg whites along with cranberries.
Cook on a greased, preheated griddle and serve with maple syrup or berry sauce.
Yield: 4 servings