Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1-1/2 cups (about 14 ounces) mashed pumpkin puree (canned or homemade - not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1-1/2 cups (3 to 4 large) ripe mashed bananas
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) chopped walnuts, optional
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and allspice until combined. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, bananas, yogurt, oil, eggs, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add the flour mixture, half at a time, and beat on medium until combined. Fold in walnuts.
Divide batter between the 2 prepared loaf pans. Bake for about 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let pumpkin banana bread loaves cool for 15 minutes in the pan on a rack or trivet, then remove from the pans and let cool completely to room temperature before slicing to serve.
Yield: 2 loaves
Whisk 2 to 3 Tablespoons of heavy cream or milk into 1 cup powdered sugar to a drizzling consistency. Spoon into a zip-top bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Snip off one small corner of the bag and use as a pastry bag to drizzle the cooled pumpkin banana bread with the glaze.
Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe Photo © 2011 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Suggested Recipes Banana Cake with Cinnamon Glaze
Black Bottom Banana Cheesecake Bars
Kitchen Sink Cake
Pumpkin Banana Mini-Muffins
Pumpkin Pie Cake