Prep Time: 10áminutes
Cook Time: 30áminutes
Total Time: 40áminutes
- 1 pound 5-day-old plain, potato or cranberry bagels cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup celery cut into 1/4-inch crescents
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1-1/4 cups packed shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried apples, diced into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/4 quarts chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Turn heat off and add diced bagels, raisins, apples, and walnuts. With spoon fold mixture to evenly distribute all ingredients.
Grease a 9 x 13-inch cake pan or casserole dish. Place stuffing into pan. Bake at 400 degrees F., uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until desired texture is reached. Bake longer for dryer stuffing, and a shorter time for moist stuffing.
When stuffing a 12-15 lb. turkey, decrease chicken broth by 1 cup.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Recipe Source: Einstein Bros.® Bagels
Reprinted with permission.