Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons non-fat instant dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast or instant yeast
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup whole maraschino cherries, well drained on paper towel
Add chocolate chips and cherries at ingredient signal (or about 20 to 30 minutes into cycle.) Close lid again and let baking process continue.
Makes 1 loaf.
Notes: Jumbo chocolate chips or chocolate chunks won't melt as fast as regular-size chips. If the chips don't totally melt, the kneading action of your machine may produce nice pockets of chocolate.
Source: Easy Bread Machine Baking by Shirley Ann Holmes (Firefly Books)
Reprinted with permission.