Prep Time: 10†minutes
Total Time: 10†minutes
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature and cut into pieces
- 1-1/3 cups (packed) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Tiny pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup honey
- For Each Serving:
- 1 to 1-1/4 ounces rum
- Boiling water
For each serving: Pour the rum into an 8-ounce porcelain coffee mug and fill the mug with boiling water to within an inch of the rim. Top with a large spoonful of the "batter" and serve. If you wish, stir the drink before serving; or leave this to the drinker.
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe Source: Food & Wine Holiday Collection (American Express Publishing)
Reprinted with permission.