Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons sweet red wine
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons crushed dried red pepper
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 pounds flank steak or London broil
Semi-freeze flank steak or London broil flat for 30 minutes. Slice crosswise against the grain into paper-thin strips, about 4 inches long and 1-1/2 to 2 inches wide. Add meat to the marinade, seal, and massage marinade into meat.
Arrange meat on racks in foil-lined shallow baking sheets, pieces not touching. Let dry overnight on the countertop in a cool room. (Do not refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 250 F. Remove and replace foil lining under racks. Bake jerky for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 175 F. Bake and additional 40 minutes until lightly browned but not burnt.
Let jerky continue to dry on the counter overnight in a cool room. Pack into airtight bags or jars for storage.
Yield: about 36 pieces