Prep Time: 4 hours
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 7 hours
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 to 4 pounds beef brisket
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Remove brisket and place fat-side up in a roasting pan or dutch oven. Spread sliced onions around brisket and cover with the marinade. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover tightly with heavy foil or a lid. Bake 3 hours, until tender. Check midway during roasting time and add water, if needed, to keep brisket from drying out.
When done, remove brisket from oven and let rest 15 minutes. Carve slices against the grain and place on serving platter. Cover slices with pan juices and cooked onions to serve.
Yield: about 8 servings
Easy Wine-Marinated Brisket Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.