Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound thin slices lean veal round steak or veal for scaloppini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 12 ounces asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts, thawed
Stir in mushrooms, white wine, thyme, and asparagus. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is crisp-tender.
Yield: 4 servings (with about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture each)
Source: Betty Crocker's New Low-Fat Low-Cholesterol Cookbook (MacMillan)
Reprinted with permission.