Prep Time: 15†minutes
Cook Time: 8†hours
Total Time: 8†hours, 15†minutes
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup bottled teriyaki marinade
- 1/2 cup of no-pulp orange juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 pound London broil, sliced across the grain into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips
In a medium, nonreactive bowl, whisk together brown sugar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Add teriyaki marinade, orange juice, water, honey, soy sauce, and liquid smoke. Whisk until salt has dissolved.
Place London broil beef strips in a large freezer ziptop bag. Add marinade to the bag, seal, and toss to coat the meat. Unseal, squeeze out all the air, reseal, and refrigerate 24 to 36 hours.
Pat strips dry with paper towels. Distribute beef strips in a single layer on dehydrator racks. Dry for 4 to 8 hours, turning racks every hour, and turning jerky strips over midway through the drying process.
When done, the jerky should have no signs of redness and be pliable enough to bend in half without breaking.
Recipe is easily multiplied.