Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 36 servings
- 3 cups grated zucchini, excess liquid drained
- 1 cup baking mix (such as Bisquick or homemade)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable cooking oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
Measure zucchini, baking mix, onion, Parmesan cheese, bacon, parsley, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, oil, and eggs into a large bowl. Mix vigorously with a wooden spoon until combined.
Spread in prepared pan and bake about 25 to 30 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut into 36 pieces.
May be served warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 36 zucchini bites appetizers
Zucchini Bites Recipe Photo © 2010 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.