Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed but unfolded
- 8 ounces frozen baby shrimp, thawed and patted dry (if using canned, rinse and drain)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 large block), at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup chopped chives
- Shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
On a lightly floured board, place unfolded thawed puff pastry sheet and roll out into a rectangle about 12 x 14 inches and 1/8-inch thick. Using a 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut 24 rounds. Fit rounds into mini-muffin cups. Place 1 or 2 baby shrimp into each cup.
Blend cream cheese, dry mustard, dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and soy sauce until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until incorporated. Fold in chopped chives.
Spoon egg and cheese mixture over shrimp in each cup. Top with a sprinkling of Gruyere or Swiss cheese.
Bake 10 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve warm.
May be baked ahead and frozen. Reheat in a 350-degree F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Yield: 24 mini quiche appetizers