Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 8 cloves of garlic, not peeled
- 1/2 pound ripe Brie or Fontina cheese, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup oil-cured Mediterranean or Greek black olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup olive oil (do not substitute)
- Italian bread or raw zucchini slices
While garlic cloves are cooling, melt Brie or Fontina cheese in a double-boiler over simmering (not boiling) water, stirring until smooth.
Using a food processor or heavy-duty blender, puree olives, garlic, and olive oil about 15 seconds. Add melted cheese and pulse about 10 more seconds until combined.
Remove to serving dish and cover with plastic wrap touching the top of the spread. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Before serving, let pate rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Serve as a spread with Italian bread, zucchini rounds, crackers, or other fresh vegetables.
Yield: 1-1/2 cups