Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, plus additional for brushing
- the bread slices
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or granulated sugar
- 9 slices of homemade-type white bread
- 6 slices of lean bacon
Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. Fry bacon until cooked through, but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, scallions, lemon juice, soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise, and brown sugar until combined. Brush the bread slices with a thin coating of the additional mayonnaise. Spread peanut butter mixture on the bread slices. Cut each slice of bread into 4 pieces and top with a piece of cooked bacon.
Place bread quarter on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake on the center rack in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes until bacon is crisp.
Yield: 36 appetizers