Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 50 chicken wings, wing tips removed (save for future soup stock, if desired)
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles beer
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1 to 2 lemons, sliced thin, for garnish
Cut chicken wings in half at the joint and place wings evenly in roasting pan.
In a large, heavy saucepan, combine the beer, molasses, peanut butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and chili powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer over low heat about 15 minutes until sauce has reduced and thickened.
Pour sauce over chicken wings, tossing to coat each wing. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
Place wings on a large platter, and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.
Yield: 15 to 20 servings