Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated sweet onion or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
Serve with baked low-fat corn chips or cold vegetable crudites such as celery or carrot sticks. Use within 24 hours.
Yield: about 2 cups, 15 calories per tablespoon.